The Catholic church could not have gotten away with their organized child rape if Catholic followers decided to:
- actively seek the truth
- do What Jesus Would Do, which is to get help for every victim, and to punish every pedophile priest. (Matthew 18:6-14)
Therefore, the Catholic church needs their leaders (not just priests) to spread dishonesty and lies. Here is just one example of that dishonesty from 2014, from “Catholic Answers”, which has a current Facebook following of over 58,000 people.
Read their “Myth Busters” blog entry at the CATHOLIC.COM website, and you might think that Catholic child rape wasn’t so bad, and that the rest of the world is just being mean to Catholics. In other words, Catholic followers have somehow become “victims” (instead of the child rape victims being the victims), so there is no need to fight for the true victims, because Catholics are now the victims.
Catholics should fight “the media” instead of fighting the priests that hid the pedophiles.
Let’s talk a look at just the first “myth”:
- Myth: Children have been the main victims of priestly sexual abuse.
- “Fact”: Since more than 95 percent of all the victims of priestly sexual abuse, as reported by the John Jay College of Criminal Justice, are not prepubescent, that means that adolescents have been the primary victims.
If you actually look at the statistics from the John Jay report (a voluntary report created only from stats supplies by the Catholic church), it clearly says that:
- 6.1% were 7 years old or less
- 22% of victims were under 10 years old
- 60% were 13 and under
- 51% were 11-14
These stats can be found clearly, online in Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Jay_Report or can be found in the John Jay report itself.
So now it depends on how you determine the age of “children”, and “prepubescent”. If you think an 8 year old is no longer a “child”, and has already reached puberty, then then you agree with the Catholic church.
You disagree with the American Psychiatric Journal and the World Heath Organization, who both say in Wikipedia, in a quote you can use in a Google search,
- “Pedophilia is used for individuals with a primary or exclusive sexual interest in prepubescent children aged 13 or younger.“
The real key is that Catholc pirests raped childre before they knew what sex wsa, especially for Catholic children from the 60s through the 80s.
Therefore, 60% was pedophilia, and they were lying by 12 times, since they said it was 5%.
Ultimately, does the age of the child matter when you are raping them using the power of God as a weapon? It depends on whether you want to defend the child rapist or the child rape victim. The Catholic church has always made the decision to defend and hide the child rapist and ignore or fight the child rape victim.