Catholics robotically say that the Catholic church is:
- “One True Church Of Jesus Christ”
- “Christ’s only church”
- “The one, holy, and apostolic church”
- and some others, as if it is an exclusive club.
this is completely contrary to what Jesus said in Matthew 18:19-20, where He said the famous words, “For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst.”
In other words, not “just” in Catholic churches.
The ONLY link the Catholic church has to the church that Jesus started is a physical link, a series of popes. Catholics invented the concept of a popes, a single leader that is many levels above everyone else.
Jesus denounced this concept in Matthew 23:5-8, where He was almost mocking the Catholic popes, cardinals, and bishops of today.
However, the Catholic church BRUTALLY defies Jesus in many regards, including:
- Rampant, organized child rape, which Jesus said was unforgivable in Matt 18:6-14
- Filthy riches (Matt 19:21)
- Priests signing an oath to their bishops which overrides their oath to God Himself
- overriding the very First Commandment
If God tells you, at your judgement, that the Catholic church is not “God’s church”, and that physical link of popes was superficial and physical, you have no excuse for having supported the Catholic church as it brutally defied What Jesus Would Do. It’s pretty simple. Pick a Christian church that does not have a standard policy of protecting known pedophiles, and is not filthy rich, and you don’t have to make excuses that your judgment day.