Normal people would never think this, but Catholic priests frequently think that the child victims that were raped in the Catholic church are to blame. If course,church leaders and followers never push to actively punish the priests who say it, silently condoning the practice.
- Father Benedict Groeschel, Catholic “TV Star” on their EWTN network
- blamed the child rape victims, claiming “A lot of the cases, the youngster — 14, 16, 18 — is the seducer.”
- claimed “that poor guy Jerry Sandusky” was tempted by victims
- when the Catholic newspaper found out that the interview had been printed, the Catholic newspaper fired the whistleblower editor
- Bishop Robert Cunningham of Syracuse, NY actually testified in a court deposition, under oath, that “the boy is culpable”
- Bishop James Moynihan said to Charles Bailey, a child rape victim of a pedo priest “The age of reason is 7, so if you’re at least 7 you’re culpable for your actions”
- Catholic leader in Poland, Archbishop Jozef Michalik, blames divorced children who are raped by Catholic priests
- Msgr Lynn in Philadelphia suggested 10 yr old boy “seduced” 40 pedo-priest Fr Shea after Shea admitted that he raped 2 boys. See Grand Jury report, Pg 388
- Lynn is also famous for destroying evidence about 37 known pedophile priests in Philadelphia in 1994
- Catholic Cardinal Dolan in NY, lets posts an article on his blog where his buddies at the Catholic League blame a 16 year old girl for going back to a Catholic church after she was sexually assaulted there (as if she would have been believed)
The Catholic Church is still trying to hide child rape in 2016, after running the largest organized child rape crime syndicate in the western for centuries.
Other bizarre thoughts from Catholic leaders:
- Catholic Bishop Kirby says pedophilia is “a friendship that had crossed a boundary line”
- Rev. Gino Flaim, a priest in Trento, “Pedophilia I can understand, homosexuality I don’t understand,” the told Italy’s La7 channel. “Unfortunately there are children that look for affection, because they don’t have it at home. And perhaps if they find a priest, he could also give in.”
- Catholic church in Minnesota blames mother for leaving her children with priest Fr Wehmeyer, (who they never said was a pedophile), and who eventually pleaded guilty in 2012 to sexually abusing two of her boys, ages 12 and 14.
- Catholic priest blames God when they get caught in the act of raping children, like Fr Rapson