One of the better known pedophile priests in Philadelphia was Father Nicolas Cudemo, who raped at least 17 children, most of them little girls, and who Father Molloy called “one of the sickest people he ever met”.
- ejaculated on the face of a 10 year old girl as she was nude on the ground, and also ejaculated in her mouth (p 142). Many Catholic will stop reading at this point, but won’t fight for the girl that lived through it.
- he got a 12 year old girl pregnant and took her for an abortion (p 20)
- he had a total of 16 victims that they know about
- even Fr Molloy called him “one of the sickest people I ever knew” (p 19)
- as Molloy said, this started with complaint letters to Cardinal Krol in 1966, but had happened for years before (p 19)
- As more and more victims came forward, Cardinal Bevilacqua steadfastly refused to remove Fr. Cudemo as pastor of Saint Callistus parish (p 35)
- Cudemo was related to at least 2 of the girls he molested (p 133)
- Cudemo sometimes brought in other priests to rape his victims (p 135)
- Cudemo sometimes stuck a Eucharist into a young girl’s vagina (p 135)
Quoted from page 143, the admissions to Msgr Lynn in 1991:
“Father Cudemo was interviewed twice in response to his family’s allegations, on October 2 and 3, 1991. Father Cudemo gave a rambling mixture of admissions and denials – stating he “possibly” lay nude on top of an undressed girl; had been confronted by a girl about touching her and performing sexual acts on her, but didn’t remember doing those things and “I remember everything”; that he had “known lots of women and that it always takes two to do these things;” that if sexual activities did occur, they must have happened 20 years ago; that all the girls were willing, and that “nothing close to sexual happened with these girls.” When told his accusers were family, he immediately said their names and talked about having “incidents” with them.”
Thanks to organized protection from the Catholic church, Fr Cudemo never went to prison, and now lives one mile from SeaWorld in Florida, in his early seventies, when pedophiles are still dangerous.