Catholics hate hearing the phrase “pedophile priest”, so they will try to deceive and confuse people to minimize the evil of child rape, which Jesus said was unforgivable in Matt 18:6-14.
God & Jesus don’t care about the word “pedophilia”, they care about the fact that the Catholic church raped children and used the power of God to get away with it.
Wikipedia says, in the 3rd paragraph about pedophilia, that the word, in popular usage, means sexual interest in children.
Here is HOW Catholics lie and try to confuse people.
Catholics try to make a big deal of changing the cut off age for pedophilia so it doesn’t sound so bad, claiming “it wasn’t pedophilia”, as if God would be ok with any child rape, when Jesus said it was unforgivable in Matt 18:6-14.
The key point is that priests were having sex with children too young to say “no”.
According to the Catholic church’s own voluntary John Jay report, in the 2nd chart,
- 93.4% of victims were 16 and under
- 84.8% of victims were 15 and under
- 73.2% of victims were 14 and under
- 60.0% of victims were 13 and under
- 47.2% of victims were 12 and under
- 32.6% of victims were 11 and under
- 22.6% of victims were 10 and under
- 14.2% of victims were 9 and under
- 10.2% of victims were 8 and under
According to Wikipedia on pedophilia,
- In the 3rd paragraph about pedophilia, that the word, in popular usage, means sexual interest in children. NO age is specified.
- “As a medical diagnosis, specific criteria for the disorder extend the cut-off point for prepubescence to age 13”, so if that’s your excuse, pedophilia would be 60% of the problem
- As psychiatric diagnosis, the cut off is 11 or 12 years old, so the percentage of “pedophilia” would be 32.6% or 47.2%
If you Google “age of puberty”, the first match, http://www.medicinenet.com/puberty/article.htm says that for boys, puberty goes from 12 to 16, so “post pubescent” is after 16, meaning all but 93.5% was sex with “post pubescent” children.
More importantly, Wikipedia says about pedophilia that “In popular usage, the word pedophilia is often applied to any sexual interest in children or the act of child sexual abuse”, which is really the point.
Most importantly, do you think God cares? Catholics used His power to get away with raping His best children.
Of course, only the Catholic would use the “age cut off” for the technical term “pedophilia” as an excuse for why having sex with young boys and girls, and using the power of God to get away with it
Remember, Jesus said it was unforgivable in Matt 18:6-14.