The Catholic church now admits that they hid and protected at least 71 pedophile priests in Baltimore alone.
In 2002, they had temporarily published a list of 57 known pedophile priests, but of course they were lying. The more recent, more accurate number, as of May 2016, is that the Catholic church hid and protected at least 71 pedophile priests in Baltimore.
Catholic church produced documents show that at least 11,022 Catholic priests have been accused of raping children in the United States, all in unforgivable defiance of Jesus in Matt 18:6-14.
If you’re looking for excuses instead of victims, the devil loves you.
The Catholic church ADMITTED 4,392 substantiated, accused child sex offending priests in the Catholic church’s own John Jay report of 2004, and that’s just in the US. No institution in US history is even close. Of course they lied, and added 6,630 in the USCCB (Catholic Bishops) Schuth report of 2013, Page 10, and that’s just ones they’ve admitted.
Add 4.392 to 6,630 and you get 11,022 child sex offending clery. Since there were about 100,000 priests over the time of the study, at least 11% of Catholic priests are child sex offenders, and about 60% of those are literally “pedophiles”.
- These numbers are definitely under-reported. Catholics make sure that victims aren’t believed, and are humiliated, and most of them won’t come forward. Most are suicidal anyways, and can’t handle the ridicule.
- Most of these pedophile priests raped multiple children, and many raped over 100 children
- The Schuth report does not indicate whether there is overlap between the two numbers, i.e. the 4,392 from the John Jay report and the 6,630 from the Schuth report
- These are based on accusations. There is almost never proof of child rape, since all Catholic priests lie about it (unless the Statute Of Limitations has expired), and no one saw them do it, and priests that they “confess” their child rapes to never report it.
No institution is anywhere close, but Catholics will distort the truth to claim it is, usually using “estimates”, “extrapolations”, and guesses. In other words, just made up numbers.
If you want to “extrapolate”, extrapolate from Boston, where at least 271 out of 1500 priests were pedophiles, so, through extrapolation, 18% of all Catholic priests are pedophiles.
In the movie “Spotlight”, journalists from the Boston Globe knew that there was one pedophile priest that the Catholic church had been hiding.
As they investigated, the number jumped to 4, then 13, then 70. By the end of the film, it was 249, but the number has gone up since then.
278 known Catholic pedophile priests, 18.5% of the 1500 Boston priests
The current number of known Catholic pedophile priests in Boston over the last 50 years is 278, larger than any other institution in any city in American history, by far
and that only includes the ones that the Catholic church admitted. There are definitely more that we don’t know about because:
- the victims never came forward
- Catholic priests have obviously never voluntarily told the truth about it
You find out the actual number when you die.